- This event has passed.
Beekeeping 4 New-Bees, Honey Harvesting, Long Bee Hives , Bee Hive Splits
September 3 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm AEST
This will be the Winter Bee Season Workshop where we will prepare for the Spring Beehive Splits in Aug/Sept 2022.
This Beekeeping workshop is a no brainer if you are thinking of bees on your property. Even if you don’t book please join Telegram https://t.me/fosterbees for your free Bee Keeping Resources that will direct you. It is pinned to the top of the channel.
If you have ever considered keeping honey bees, now is the time. Each session we will open the hive, inspect the comb for disease, pests, moisture, splitting hives, honey harvest and space. By the end of the 4 session course you will be ready to start your own hive.
- This 2 hour workshop will run once a month over 4 months
- Commencing around 2pm you will finish around 4/5ish depending on numbers.
- Cost is by service, trade or donation you chose which one
You will need:
- to wear long pants with shoes and socks over the top of your pants
- I have a few bee jackets with hoods however it is best you grab your own due to numbers.
- Gloves, I double glove dishwashing gloves
- Hive tool & smoker
If you would like to donate service for bee education on the day here is what we will be doing:
- 11am gloves, hats, tools, water, sense of humour
- 1pm lunch – bring a plate to share
- 1.45pm suit up for the beez
- 2pm hive splitting
- 4/5pm finish beekeeping ws
As many have lost their jobs we would like to ask you if you can help around the property either prior to or after the workshop as your contribution. There is NO obligation of course.
The jobs currently:
- Cutting up a fallen tree [chainsaw required]
- Planting trees in the newly forming food forest
- Picking up pots, timbers, etc to tidy the property
- lots more…
If you are allergic to honey bees please don’t come.
OTHER GROUPS YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
- Allow Love Now https://t.me/allowlovenow [main group]
- Australian Backyard Beekeeping https://t.me/beekeepersau
- Farmers growing food https://t.me/farmerstamborine
- Meditation Tamborine https://t.me/meditationtamborine
- Mushroom Growing https://t.me/mushroomstamborine
- Plant medicines https://t.me/plantmedicines2
- Tamborine music https://t.me/tamborinemusic
I also ask you to bring a plate to share as we will have a Q & A after the hive inspection or if it is windy or raining we will do alternative activities like beeswax wraps, honey harvest, making boxes or whatever you want to learn.
I encourage families to attend. Many teenagers make pocket money from honey.
As the world closes in, honey will be a very tradable commodity.