- This event has passed.
English Conversation Circles
September 8 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEST
Whether you are just starting out, or advanced in your skills, our program will assist in your language development in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Road to IELTS
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is a self-study course to help prepare for the IELTS exam. Practice listening tasks under timed conditions, view videos of speaking tests, develop techniques and vocabulary for writing tasks; and work on text for the reading test, simulating the real exam.
Access is free for library members > https://www.mackay.qld.gov.au/libraries/elibrary/elearning
Bookings are essential for all attendees – One ticket required per attendee
• Attendees are encouraged to maintain 1.5 metres social distancing where possible and must be in good health prior to attending the session. If any of the attendees booked in feel unwell, please cancel your booking.
• A reminder notification will be sent 24 hours prior to the session. If you are unable to attend please cancel on Eventbrite or call us on 4961 9387
• This session may be filmed/photographed, if you do not wish to be filmed please make it known to our team at the beginning of the session.
• Hearing loops are available for use at our programs and events. If you would benefit from using this technology at an event you attend please let us know prior to the event.
• Use the Eventbrite app to store your ticket and add a reminder to your calendar.
• Please arrive promptly to each event that you have registered to attend.
• Allow time for travel and parking. You can find information about our library locations at www.mackay.qld.gov.au/contactus
• Access to free events is only one of the benefits of library membership. If you are not already a library member, please join at https://library.mackay.qld.gov.au/Montage/Join.aspx