Come along and learn how you can use your art and craft skills and our resources to enhance the lives of people in our community.
Libraries Tasmania has an expansive collection of art and craft books, magazines and resources just waiting to be explored.
With your help we are keen to start a Crafternoon program that offers a variety of fun art and craft activities for adults on a regular basis here in the library.
Using our resources and your ideas we will:
* brainstorm some engaging activities for adults,
* generate a list of weekly Crafternoon activities to start in October,
* look at other ways of utilising your skills with Libraries Tasmania as a new or existing volunteer, and
* take home some library goodies to help spread the word.
Regularly participating in art and craft activities is not only a lot of fun it can also improve our wellbeing including the following benefits:
* improving mood and self-confidence,
* reducing stress,
* enhancing mental agility,
* improving gross and fine motor movement,
* decreasing cognitive decline, and
* connecting with others.
Join us in attempting to reach more of our community and encouraging people to see what the library has for them while having a rewarding volunteer experience.
For more information contact Anita at Burnie Library on 6477 7402 or firstname.lastname@example.org