Adult Learners Week celebrates the dynamic personal, social and professional benefits of adult learning through a range of celebrations, activities and events across every state and territory. This year’s theme – It’s never too late – encourages people to seize the moment and take advantage of opportunities to learn something new, whatever their age, background or previous educational history. There’s no use by date when it comes to learning.
Help us promote the breadth of opportunities available and how learning helps people to discover hidden talents, learn new skills and imagine a new and different future by running an #ALW2023 event.
What is an ALW event?
If your organisation offers any form of adult learning such as courses, classes, lectures, exhibitions, tours, training programs, tutoring, discussion groups – then Adult Learners Week is an opportunity to celebrate and promote what you do; for example:
- Offer a taster session and invite others to come along and get an insight into the classes you offer
- Invite a former learner or other speaker to talk about the impact of learning in their lives
- Promote a short course you’ve got starting soon
- Run an ALW event that encourages individuals and groups to have a go at learning
- Run an ALW event that celebrates the learning achievements of your staff/volunteers
- Announce or launch a new course or new initiative
- Badge open days and events with the Adult Learners Week branding
Remember to register your online ALW events as well.
Why and who should run an event?
- To raise awareness of your courses, classes, events and learning programs
- To show the benefits of learning and education to everyone in your community
- To demonstrate the positive impact learning has on people’s lives
- To build relationships with other partners in your community as part of an engagement strategy
Any organisation involved in adult education and training can get involved including neighbourhood houses, community centres, libraries, training organisations, employers, not for profit organisations, TAFE colleges and universities.
Event and early bird prizes
Get your #ALW2023 events registered before 4th August 2023 for the chance to win 1 of 20 $200.00 grants. This money can be used to help you run an awesome event during Adult Learners Week. Don’t forget, there are also 3 x $1,000 cash prizes on offer for the best ALW events chosen from around Australia.