If your organisation offers any form of adult learning such as courses, classes, lectures, exhibitions, tours, training programs, tutoring, discussion groups – then Adult Learners’ Week is an opportunity to celebrate and promote what you do.
This year the theme of Adult Learners’ Week is ‘Renew you’. The year’s theme promotes the idea that education enables people to build resilience and adapt to changes in work and society.
Adult Learners’ Week is about showing the breadth of opportunities available for adults who want to learn.
One of the key messages of Adult Learners’ Week is that learning is a lifelong activity. Lifelong learners are adults who want to continually expand their skills, knowledge and interests. During ALW2020, we want people to share and discuss how they have re-engaged with learning.
Deciding on an event
What you can offer:
- provide short courses or taster sessions to give learners an insight into the classes you offer
- invite speakers – such as former students – to talk about the impact of learning in their lives
- encourage individual people and groups to have a go at learning
- celebrate the learning achievements of your staff/volunteers
- announce or launch a new course or new initiative
- badge open days and events with the Adult Learners’ Week branding.
Remember, this year we are registering your virtual ALW events as well.
Event early bird
Get your #ALW2020 event registered on the Adult Learners Week website before 5 August and you have the chance to win 1 of 20 $200.00 grants. This money can be used to help you run an awesome event during Adult Learners’ Week. Don’t forget, there are also $1,000 cash prizes on offer for the best ALW events chosen around Australia!